clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Gmür <>
Subject Re: Mark general purpose TcProvider
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2014 13:25:31 GMT
On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Reto Gmür <> wrote:

> I run into a  problem with TcManager being available as a service but not
> able to create (m)graphs as there was no suitable TcProvider yet. In the
> tdb.launcher this is solved assigning startlevels that make sure that
> TcManager starts after the relevant TcProvider.
> As an alternative to these startlevels approach I was thinking about
> marking TcProviders as "general purpose" so that TcManager could depend on
> having at least on general purpose TcProvider. General purpose TcProviders
> would be the one allowing to create any (m)graph, like tdb, irtuoso,
> sesame. Non General purpose are the one providing a fixes set of graphs or
> a reduced namespace for creating graphs (e.g. FileTcProvider).

Just noticed SimpleTcProvider. This is a general purpose one according to
the definition above. Yet one usually want to store graphs persistently. If
the contentgraph gets created in SimpleTcProvider because of the loading
timing one loses all data on restart. So I think we we should make sure is not part of our launchers.