clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@wymiwyg.com>
Subject Re: FROM clause ignored by QueryExceutionFactory
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 18:08:55 GMT
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:

> On 03/12/13 21:22, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:

>>> 2.11.

>>> implementation
>>
>>> of Dataset (TcDataset wrapping clerezza TcManager):
>>>>

>>> QueryExecutionFactory.create(, ds)
>>>
>>> will use ds as the dataset regardless. The main query engine will http
>>>
>> GET any FROM if you use QueryExecutionFactory.create(query)
>>
>> Not sure I understand.  So the above call with ds should use the dataset
>> as
>> its universe? or should it use the web and ignore froms with non-http
>> uris?
>>

> An explicitly given dataset overrides the dataset description in the query
> when using the general query engine.
>
> The universe is not changed.  The general query engine does not do what
> you want in a single line.
>
> See
>   DatasetDescription
>   DynamicDatasets
>
> to create a dataset and then use that to query.

This:
DatasetDescription dd = DatasetDescription.create(jenaQuery);
Dataset dynaDataset = DynamicDatasets.dynamicDataset(dd, dataset, false);
QueryExecution qexec = QueryExecutionFactory.create(jenaQuery, dynaDataset);

Seems to work!
Great, thanks a lot Andy.

(not sure how dynaDataset differs from dataset, but a live with this
ignorance ;) )

Reto