clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clerezza/Jena SPARQL initialization fails due to a SecurityException
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:16:31 GMT
Hi Rupert,

No - Jena does not do anything systematic about SecurityManagers etc. (I
found one usage when getting system properties).

As a library, we have generally seen it as being for the environment to
take care of that, each environment being slightly different with
different needs ...  That maybe a bit simplistic a stance.  If there is
anything that Jena can do to make it easier then do let us know.

I have put an exception catcher around that code in NodeValue so it
least it tries to recover - it is just trying to get the XML datatype
factory but that seems to get rather complicated with JAXP and external
providers.  For Jena use, the now-required JRE javax one is fine.

Another area that comes up occassionally is JMX - ARQ keeps and provides
JMX stats.  If JMX can't be started, it just ignores further requests.

	Andy