clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FROM clause ignored by QueryExceutionFactory
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 20:31:41 GMT
On 03/12/13 21:22, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2013 7:44 PM, "Andy Seaborne" <andy@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 03/12/13 12:57, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andy,

> version

>>> Not using TDB just giving it what seems to be a minimalistic
> implementation
>>> of Dataset (TcDataset wrapping clerezza TcManager):
>>

>> QueryExecutionFactory.create(, ds)
>>
>> will use ds as the dataset regardless. The main query engine will http
> GET any FROM if you use QueryExecutionFactory.create(query)
>
> Not sure I understand.  So the above call with ds should use the dataset as
> its universe? or should it use the web and ignore froms with non-http uris?

An explicitly given dataset overrides the dataset description in the
query when using the general query engine.

The universe is not changed.  The general query engine does not do what
you want in a single line.

See
   DatasetDescription
   DynamicDatasets

to create a dataset and then use that to query.

These are used by TDB's query engine internally, but not the general one.

	Andy