clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@wymiwyg.com>
Subject ext.jena-* and its imports
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2013 17:39:19 GMT
Hello

Trying to parsing some XML I got a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xerces/util/XMLChar".

While the error could be avoided by adding
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlresolver and
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xerces to my launcher I'm wondering about the
imports in the manifest of ext.jena-core.

- Why are all the packages in Import-Package marked as
resolution:=optional?
- Why is the DynamicImport-Package directive used for 3 packages?

The only case I've encountered so far which required DynamicImport-Package
was for bundles providing scripting engines that require access to the full
class path.

Cheers,
Reto