clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>
Subject Is Clerezza leaking memory?
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 13:17:41 GMT
Hi,

I just ran into some peculiar behavior.

For my current project I have to import 633 files each containing approx
20 MB of xml data (a total of 13 GB). When importing this data into a
single graph I hit an out of memory exception on the 7th file.

Looking at the heap I noticed that after restarting the application I
could load a few more files. So I started looking for the bundle that
consumed all the memory. It happened to be the Clerezza TDB Storage
provider. See the following image (GC = garbage collection):

Looking more closely I noticed that Apache Jena is able to close a graph
(graph.close()) But Clerezza is not using this feature and is keeping
the graph open all the time.

How best to tackle this performance issue?

Regards,

Minto

--
ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis