clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>
Subject Re: ext.jena-* and its imports
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 08:05:37 GMT
Hi,

See my remarks below.

regards,

Minto

Reto Bachmann-Gmür schreef op 2-11-2013 18:39:
> Hello
>
> Trying to parsing some XML I got a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/xerces/util/XMLChar".
>
> While the error could be avoided by adding
> org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlresolver and
> org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xerces to my launcher I'm wondering about the
> imports in the manifest of ext.jena-core.
>
> - Why are all the packages in Import-Package marked as
> resolution:=optional?
Hmm, I have no clue.
> - Why is the DynamicImport-Package directive used for 3 packages?
Jena heavily uses dynamic class loading. As I understand
DynamicImport-Package is typically used for that. Using using normal
Import-Package would result in cyclic bundle dependencies ext.jena-core
<--> ext.jena-arq.
Also I prefer to be specific. That's why I didn't use "*" instead of
these 3 packages.

However, I am all ears if there is a better way of doing this.

--
ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis
Software innovator / renovator

Mobiel: +31 (0) 626 014541