clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Gamard <steph...@gamard.net>
Subject Faceting with Lucene in CRIS
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 16:31:12 GMT
Hi Team,

As I dive deeper and deeper into my learning and updates on the rdf.cris I've come to realise
that the Faceting implementation is not optimal for Lucene. We're experiencing extremely slow
faceting do to the post-search facet collector that iterates thru the document list untill
hits.length.

It would be fairly trivial now to implement facets as per Lucene specifications. The most
"drastic" change that I am yet too ignorant to try for myself is to have the ability to know
when a VirtualProperty should be considered for faceting at indexing time.

This would require a small update of the DefinitionGraph by maybe adding a property "facetable"
for VirtualProperties?

_Stephane