clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Hasan Hasan <>
Subject Re: Sparql: handle queries and update requests together or separately?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 04:03:06 GMT
Hi Reto

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <> wrote:

> Hi,
> The recent changes towards full sparql 1.1 treat queries and update
> requests together. That is we have one method that accepts both.

Do you mean HTTP method?

> I'm
> wondering if this makes sense. One reason against this approach is
> that the Sparql protocol mandates different ways for submitting
> queries and update requests.

If HTTP method is meant here, I can only find by quickly run through the

that we may want to use HTTP Get for the query and POST for the update.

> But if in clerezza queries end up being
> handled by a method than is also capable of updates it would be hard
> to enforce that no update comes in disguise of a query. (Not that this
> would be a security issue, but it would be against standard and best
> practices to update a graph on a get request).

If that is the case, I think we can add or modify function in the preparser
to get
information about whether it is an update or query, and react accordingly.