clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <>
Subject Re: Sparql: handle queries and update requests together or separately?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:08:11 GMT
Hi Hasan

>> The recent changes towards full sparql 1.1 treat queries and update
>> requests together. That is we have one method that accepts both.
> Do you mean HTTP method?

I meant java method. But because it's the same Java method it will be
harder for the code to handle queries via HTTP GET not also to allow
update requests.
>> I'm
>> wondering if this makes sense. One reason against this approach is
>> that the Sparql protocol mandates different ways for submitting
>> queries and update requests.
> If HTTP method is meant here, I can only find by quickly run through the
> doc
> that we may want to use HTTP Get for the query and POST for the update.
>> But if in clerezza queries end up being
>> handled by a method than is also capable of updates it would be hard
>> to enforce that no update comes in disguise of a query. (Not that this
>> would be a security issue, but it would be against standard and best
>> practices to update a graph on a get request).
> If that is the case, I think we can add or modify function in the preparser
> to get
> information about whether it is an update or query, and react accordingly.

That would be one approach. The other would be two have two different
methods in TcManager for queries and updates. And if we want a
fastlane for updates too, to have two pre-parsers.

> Cheers
> Hasan
>> Cheers,
>> Reto