clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <>
Subject Sparql: handle queries and update requests together or separately?
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:55:13 GMT

The recent changes towards full sparql 1.1 treat queries and update
requests together. That is we have one method that accepts both. I'm
wondering if this makes sense. One reason against this approach is
that the Sparql protocol mandates different ways for submitting
queries and update requests. But if in clerezza queries end up being
handled by a method than is also capable of updates it would be hard
to enforce that no update comes in disguise of a query. (Not that this
would be a security issue, but it would be against standard and best
practices to update a graph on a get request).

View raw message