clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Giuseppe Miscione <>
Subject PermissionGatherer misses an Error
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:43:48 GMT
Hi all,
I'm using Spring 3.1.2.RELEASE togheter with Quartz 2.2.0 inside
Clerezza and when I start the system I get an annoying exception in
console saying that
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.CronTriggerBean has an invalid
class hierarchy.
The thing is annoying because I'm not using this class (which, as stated
in its description, it isn't compatible with Quartz 2.x) but the
permissiondescriptions module scans every class in every bundle
searching for Permission classes. The exception is thrown by the
registerPermissions method of
org.apache.clerezza.permissiondescriptions.PermissionGatherer class,
more specifically by the line:

Class<?> clazz = bundle.loadClass(className);

when className is equal to
This block of code is already wrapped in a sinking try-catch block, but
this block catches only Exception and NoClassDefFoundError errors.
May I suggest to replace the two catches with a more general

try {
catch(Throwable t){}

that will swallow every problem during this particular bundle analysis

View raw message