clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clustering
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:14:39 GMT
On 22/07/13 09:23, Minto van der Sluis wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> See below
>
> Regards,
>
> Minto
>
> Op 21-7-2013 19:06, Andy Seaborne schreef:
>>
>> Minto,
>>
>> Do you want a shared database across the cluster (3 tier architecture
>> style)?  That's what SDB woulD give you.
> Yes, using a separate DB layer which most probably should be clustered
> itself. Preferred database is postgres. As far as I understand this
> would not be a problem for SDB. But somehow I fear a preformance drop
> when switching to SDB. Is this justified?

Yes.

Laying over SQL/JDBC and preserving SPARQL (specifically XSD value)
semantics means a lot of trips to the database for a single query unless
it is a single graph pattern or graph pattern and OPTIONAL (no FILTERS).

The only SQL-level engines left at scale these days put SPARQL inside
the SQL engine, not layered on top.