clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Minto van der Sluis <>
Subject Re: Clustering
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 08:23:39 GMT
Hi Andy,

See below

Op 21-7-2013 19:06, Andy Seaborne schreef:
> Minto,
> Do you want a shared database across the cluster (3 tier architecture
> style)?  That's what SDB woulD give you.
Yes, using a separate DB layer which most probably should be clustered
itself. Preferred database is postgres. As far as I understand this
would not be a problem for SDB. But somehow I fear a preformance drop
when switching to SDB. Is this justified?
> Fuseki does this for TDB.  It can be used as a shared DB server.  TDB
> is just the database engine.
> We/Epimorphics run replicated Fusek's as well but update is not
> instantly consistent (we don't need that for our usage).
> If the interface in Clerezza were the SPARQL protocol, then choice of
> the backend database is a deployment choice.
Is there a Clerezza TcProvider that works straight on the SPARQL
protocol? Most I have seen (TDB and Sesame) use native API's. The
Virtuoso TcProvider mentioned by Reto almost seem to work like this, but
is dedicated to Virtuoso and uses the jdbc route sending SPARQL requests.
> Is there a SPARQL protocol provider?
Currently I have no SPARQL protocol provider. I use the Clerezza
TcProvider specifically the TDB implementation.
>     Andy

ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis
Software innovator / renovator
Xup BV