clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clustering
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 17:06:41 GMT
On 19/07/13 14:09, Minto van der Sluis wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Next issue I have to tackle on my assignment is Clustering. Basically I
> have 2 issues right now:
>
> 1) Running my assembly clustered
> This seems to be the easy one, since I am using Apache Karaf for
> building my assembly/distribution. Karaf has a subproject called Cellar
> for clustering. Here just have to dive in a get it done.
>
> 2) Having a cluster aware datastore (Jena TDB)
> Googling around leaves me clueless. Sometimes it appears TDB can be used
> in clustered environments others it appear it can't. I sure couldn't
> find any recipe how to get it done. I should probably ask this on the
> Jena mailing list, but I am trying this one first since you guys seem to
> have quite some experience with TDB.
>
> I am wondering if I can really use TDB in a clustered setup or if need
> to switch to another datastore to accomplish this. Probably SDB can be
> used for this but I fear a performance penalty.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
>
> Minto

Minto,

Do you want a shared database across the cluster (3 tier architecture
style)?  That's what SDB woulD give you.

Fuseki does this for TDB.  It can be used as a shared DB server.  TDB is
just the database engine.

We/Epimorphics run replicated Fusek's as well but update is not
instantly consistent (we don't need that for our usage).

If the interface in Clerezza were the SPARQL protocol, then choice of
the backend database is a deployment choice.

Is there a SPARQL protocol provider?

	Andy