clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Minto van der Sluis <>
Subject Re: ForceFastlane
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:18:47 GMT
Hi Reto,

A bit more information about my situation. We do NOT have a few graphs
with lots of triples. We have a large number of graphs with a few
triples. Currently I am testing with 20,000 graphs with in total 700,000
triples. So approximately 35 triples per graph. In production the number
of graphs will most propably be much larger.

Think of what I am doing as sort of a subclass of OpenAnnotation with a
single graph per annotation. This top level annotation is what we call
an annotation trunk. To make it more complicated these top level
annotations can be annotated themselves with for examples status,
attachments and other stuff. These lower level annotations are stored in
the same graph as the top level annotation that is being annotated.
Might sound a bit funny but I am trying to be brief here.

Most of the queries that I run is about finding the graphs that match
certain criteria. I do not have a FROM clause in my queries, but I do
use GRAPH in my WHERE clauses. My queries match the following template:

   SELECT ?graphId ...
   WHERE {
      GRAPH ?graphId {

See some other remarks below:

Op 14-7-2013 22:12, Reto Bachmann-Gmür schreef:
> Hi minto
> I'm wondering if the method
> executeSparqlQuery(String query, TripleCollection defaultGraph,
> boolean forceFastlane)
> is justified.
> if forceFastlane is true the defaultGraph is necessarily ignored. If
> there is a usecase for such a method we could as well have a special
> method without the defaultGraph for queries that must have a FROM
> clause:
> executeSparqlQuery(String query, boolean forceFastlane)
This would suit my needs. Then I no longer need to create a dummy empty
graph. But how should it work if fastlane is disabled (false). If we
revert to QueryEngine then it requires a tripleCollection again.

Also, the following line seems like a hack or code smell to me.

    final UriRef defaultGraphName = new
> Cheers,
> Reto

ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis