clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 18:28:46 GMT
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Minto van der Sluis <minto@xup.nl> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Do we have any RoadMap for Clerezza? The one in Jira seems to be old:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel

Interesting didn't know about it. The problem with jira versions is that it
assumes one version per project.

> Related to this:
> - When will we release modules?

Whenever you wynt. The mantra is "release early, release often".

> - Which modules will then be released?

Ok, let's create the list for a next partial release
- shell (and what it depends on) - would be nice to fix what's broken with
backspace key, but perfectionism is a blocker...
- rdf jena stuff
- rdf.rdfjson (CLEREZZA-762)

- Do we really want to release per module? What is the rationale behind
> this? Can I read up on this somewhere?

The rationale is that it's silly to release modules where nothing changed.

> - What still needs to be done before we can actually release?

let's just do it!

The steps:
- create a branch for the release, move the modules we want to release to it
- create a release reactor with just those modules
- perform the release with the release plugin
- close the release in nexus removing the release pom
- call for vote
- perform the release with nexus

If you could start with the first two steps I'm happy to take over the
remaining ones.

Cheers,
Reto