clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: issue in integrating relfinder with stanbol
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 08:44:55 GMT
1/ SELECT ?s ?l count(?s) as ?count

Bad syntax

It's properly:

SELECT ?s ?l (count(?s) as ?count)

See

http://www.sparql.org/query-validator.html

which is using the grammar used to make the spec HTML.

2/ bif:contains is Virtuoso magic for text matching.

(The bif: does not need to be declared so it's not even legal syntax).

<bif:contains>  makes it legal syntax but only virtuoso implements this
way of doing text matching.

any other system will see a property which is unlikely to match anything.

	Andy

On 07/06/13 07:49, Minto van der Sluis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Isn't the count function SPARQL 1.1?
>
> Currently the released version of Clerezza supports only SPARQL 1.0.
> However the current snapshot version (trunk) has support for SPARQL 1.1.
> When will this be released? Unfortunately I don't know.
>
> Regards,
>
> misl
>
> Op 7-6-2013 8:23, Rupert Westenthaler schreef:
>> Hi Manish,
>>
>> Stanbol uses the Clerezza SPARQL implementation. Therefore questions
>> related to SAPRQL query support are better targeted to the Clerezza
>> community.
>>
>> But AFAIK count is not supported by the SAPRQL standard, but an
>> extension supported by some SPARQL implementations (e.g. Jena) so most
>> likely this is simple because Clerezza does not support it.
>>
>> best
>> Rupert
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Garg, Manish <mgarg@innodata.com> wrote:
>>> HI Team
>>>
>>> we are trying to integrate relfinder with stanbol. We have pointed it to
>>> stanbol SPARQL endpoint setup locally.
>>>
>>> We are facing some issues which are explained below. If you could please
>>> provide some inputs on resolving these issues, will be a great help.
>>>
>>> When i search for entity "India" in relfinder, it doesnt return any
>>> results. It creates a query which is mentioned below
>>>   SELECT ?s ?l WHERE {  ?s <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label>
>>> ?l .FILTER
>>> regex(?l, 'india', 'i').FILTER (lang(?l) = '' || langMatches(lang(?l),
>>> 'en')).} LIMIT 20
>>>
>>> but data is present there in stanbol.
>>>
>>> If we modify the query a little as highlighted below
>>>
>>> SELECT ?s ?l WHERE {  ?s <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label>
>>> ?l .FILTER
>>> regex(str(?l), 'india', 'i').FILTER (lang(?l) = '' || langMatches(lang(?l),
>>> 'en')).} LIMIT 20
>>>
>>> and execute it on stanbol SPARQL endpoint directly, then it returns the
>>> desired data.
>>>
>>> The other problem we are facing that stanbol sparql enpoint doesn't support
>>> count function in SPARQL query. When i try to execute the query formed by
>>> relfinder for dbpedia on stanbol sparql endpoint then it shows "invalid
>>> query"
>>>
>>> SELECT ?s ?l count(?s) as ?count WHERE {?someobj ?p ?s .  ?s <
>>> http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label> ?l .?l bif:contains "'india'"
.
>>> FILTER (!regex(str(?s),
>>> ^http://dbpedia.org/resource/ategory:')<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Category:')>
>>> ).FILTER (!regex(str(?s), '^http://dbpedia.org/resource/List')).FILTER
>>> (!regex(str(?s), '^http://sw.opencyc.org/')).FILTER (lang(?l) = '' ||
>>> langMatches(lang(?l), en')).FILTER (!isLiteral(?someobj)). }ORDER BY