clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Minto van der Sluis <>
Subject Re: Sqparql Queries: to parse or not to parse (was Re: Some Questions regarding implementing fastlane)
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 08:57:56 GMT
Op 2-5-2013 8:20, Reto Bachmann-Gmür schreef:
> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Minto van der Sluis <> wrote:
>>> - Adapt QueryEngine  to take a String rather than a query
>> (No question)
>> I didn't Modify QueryEngine to String as I think using Query is more
>> elegant.
> I agree for the elegance. The question is if we have the resources to
> update our parser when a new spec version comes out and does it bring any
> advantages or does it just cost in terms of computing as a string is being
> parsed and serialized again?

You're right, but then TcManager interface needs to be modified as well.
This would break backward compatibility. Maybe it is an option to just
add a executeSparqlQuery method which accepts a (query) string. In this
case the existing methods imply the overhead costs you mentioned. The
new string methods does not have this overhead.

What do you think?
> Cheers,
> reto

ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis