clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>
Subject Some Questions regarding implementing fastlane
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 15:49:53 GMT
Hi Reto,

I have some questions see below.

Regards,

misl

Op 29-4-2013 9:49, Reto Bachmann-Gmür schreef:
> Hi Minto
>
> With you update to the latest jena we got closer to it :)
>
> The plan is to drop the query parsing in clerezza and forward the query as
> a string to the QueryableTcProvider (i.e. a provider supporting fastlane)
> or to use the backend independent implementation (based on jena arq).
>
> As the result formats didn't change with this changes sparql 1.1 will be
> supported. What there is todo is:
>
> - Adapt QueryEngine  to take a String rather than a query
(No question)
I didn't Modify QueryEngine to String as I think using Query is more
elegant.

> - Adapt implementation (arq based) and client of the QueryEngine
(No question)
QueryEngine client and implementation
    - Client: Did some clean up (TcManger). Changes are basically DRY
releated.
    - Implemention: adapted to instanceOf instead of exceptions.

> - Make TdbTcProvider implement QueryableTcProvider
Question: Why is this needed if JenaSparqlEngine (implementation of
previous bullet) already takes care of this?

Of coarse I could wire Tdb*Providers to use JenaSparqlEngine. But I
don't see the point.

> - Forward query to fast- or slowlane using the Preparerser Hasan recently
> implemented
Questions: Where is this decision taken? How to decide whether to use
QueryEngine of QueryableTcProvider ? Are these both fast-lane?