clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Dileepa Jayakody <dile...@nic.lk>
Subject WebID status in Clerezza
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:24:21 GMT
Hi All,

My name is Dileepa Jayakody a research student from Sri Lanka. I'm very
interested about semantic web, linked-data and digital-identity domains. My
research is based on developing a verified digital identity framework and I
have been looking at WebID
<http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/>as a suitable protocol
to implement it.

I'm also keen on semantic enhancements, reasoning algorithms and their
usecases. I was looking at Apache Stanbol and Clerezza projects to get a
feeling how these concepts are implemented. My idea is integrating an
authentication & authorization framework using WebID on top of such
projects will leverage so many benefits, including;
1. user management and access-control over content
2. entity disambiguation and knowledge discovery
3. social graph based on web-id.

I got to learn that Apache Clerezza supported WebID protocol but it's
currently disabled due to architectural changes. Can I please know what
were the objectives in integrating WebID in Clerezza and what's the current
status of this module in the project? I'm very much interested in revoking
this module and use it for above listed     improvements.

Thanks,
Dileepa