clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@wymiwyg.com>
Subject Re: CRIS update
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 03:51:29 GMT
Hi Daniel

Thanks for investigating this.

> - keep the optimize logic but use forceMerge method instead
>
> Ok, it says "This is a horribly costly operation, especially when you pass
a small maxNumSegments; usually you should only call this if the index is
static (will no longer be changed)."

So I'm not sure what value to set to maxNum. What do you suggest?

> Subsequently I will look into CRIS and check if optimize can be replaced by
> a merge policy or some other method.

Good. Having had a closer look into the current CRIS code I was wondering
about the facet iimplementation why this doesn't seem to be mapped to the
lucene.facet classes, i.e. it is countingthe facets manually rather than
using org.apache.lucene.facet.search.CountFacetRequest, does this scale?

Cheers,
Reto