clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <r...@apache.org>
Subject Wink issue affecting clerezza
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:38:51 GMT
The issue WINK-379 is I think the major blocker preventing us to release
clerezza platform with wink. For example the sparql endpoint isn't working
because of this issue. The sparql endoint jaxrs resource method returns an
object that can be a graph, a resultset or a Boolean. Currently it only
works when the client sets the accept header to prefer the right format,
i.e. for a construct query one has to prefer rdf over xml and for a select
query xml over rdf. If they prefer application/rdf+xml over application/xml
and the query results in a ResultSet this will results in the following
error.

The system could not find a javax.ws.rs.ext.MessageBodyWriter or a
DataSourceProvider class for the javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMSource type and
application/rdf+xml mediaType.  Ensure that a
javax.ws.rs.ext.MessageBodyWriter exists in the JAX-RS application for the
type and media type specified.

Currently because of this some clerezza modules are working better in
Stanbol than in clerezza. Stanbol is using jersey. The part of clerezza
tied to wink is TypeRendering however with jax-rs 2.0 typerendering can be
implemented in a portable way thanks to
http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-23 being resolved. Jax-rs 2.0 is
currently implemented in jersey 2 release candidate and in a RestEasy 3
beta. I haven't tried any of them.

WDYT?

Reto