cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Giaccone <tgiacc...@gmail.com>
Subject Cayenne Modeler
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2017 09:06:39 GMT
Started using Cayenne 4.0 Modeler, and let me just give a few thoughts.

Positives:

The UI  functionally is an improvement. A number of the things that used to
annoy me are now fixed. Retention of Datasource, for example. The Modeler
feels snappier, more responsive.

Negatives:

Changing the iconography and removing the color both at the same time made
the modeler so much harder to use. Muted colors, mean you lose the feedback
that could provide you with reassurance your making the right choice. Wow,
I can't say this enough. Toning down the color of elements in the UI makes
it so much harder to use. This overwhelmed all the other positives and made
the Modeler using the Modeler unpleasant.  I found myself spending a lot
more time waiting for the labels that hover if you linger on an item, to be
certain I was doing the right thing. Over time I guess this will get
better, but as an overall change, I can't say how much I dislike this.

Color is a significant indicator and I really think you should rethink the
idea of toning it down so completely.

Tony Giaccone