cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r901627 - in /cayenne/main/trunk: docs/doc/src/main/resources/ framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/exp/parser/ framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/jjtree/org/apache/cayenne/ejbql/ framework/
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:31:24 GMT
Am 21.01.10 21:54, schrieb Andrus Adamchik:

> On Jan 21, 2010, at 10:38 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:
>
>> So, following specification, this cannot be performed anyhow?
>
> No. But the idea I guess is that pattern is not another column value. It
> is always a literal.

Yes, the tutorial emphasizes this: "The pattern value is a string
literal that may contain wildcard characters."

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/doc/EJBQL5.html

I find this restriction rather strange, but maybe the authors couldn't
think of a reasonable real-world scenario which requires a dynamically
generated pattern.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO