cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 2.0.1-incubating release
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:43:48 GMT
-1 because of #3 & potentially #4

here are a few of things that I noticed;

1) the .sh files in the bin directory are not executable
2) the jar names in the lib dir do not have 'incubating' in the name
- this might be an issue with the incubator pmc but we do have
'incubating' in the root of the directory structure so it's probably ok
3) i could not find the jgoodies, jdom, ongl, scopemvc or hsqldb
license files or references anywhere. From what I could find here;

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

it looks to me like we need to explicitly point out that this stuff
is not from apache

I looked at the struts release (1.3.5) and they simply put a pointer
to the antlr site from their NOTICE file which I think will be good...

4) the jar files don't have LICENSE & NOTICE files in the META-INF
folder - it could be unimportant for these jars as they are not
shipped separately, but the maven repo probably needs them (and yes I
need to get that done)

I'm open to a +1 cause it runs like a champ. but this legal stuff is
important and I'd hate for our first incubating release to get
smacked :-)

Thanks again Andrus for all your hard work on this!

TTFN,

-bd-