cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dor Laor <...@scylladb.com>
Subject Re: sstableloader: How much does it actually need?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2020 01:36:46 GMT
Another option is to use the Spark migrator, it reads a source CQL cluster and
writes to another. It has a validation stage that compares a full scan
and reports the diff:
https://github.com/scylladb/scylla-migrator

There are many more ways to clone a cluster. My main recommendation is
to 'optimize'
for correctness and simplicity first and only last optimize for
performance/time. Eventually
machine time for such rare operation is cheap, engineering time is
expensive and data
inconsistency is priceless..

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 5:24 PM Sergio <lapostadisergio@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another option is the DSE-bulk loader but it will require to convert to csv/json (good
option if you don't like to play with sstableloader and deal to get all the sstables from
all the nodes)
> https://docs.datastax.com/en/dsbulk/doc/index.html
>
> Cheers
>
> Sergio
>
> Il giorno mer 5 feb 2020 alle ore 16:56 Erick Ramirez <flightctlr@gmail.com> ha
scritto:

>> Unfortunately, there isn't a guarantee that 2 nodes alone will have the full copy
of data. I'd rather not say "it depends".

>> TIP: If the nodes in the target cluster have identical tokens allocated, you can
just do a straight copy of the sstables node-for-node then do nodetool refresh. If the target
cluster is already built and you can't assign the same tokens then sstableloader is your only
option. Cheers!

>> P.S. No need to apologise for asking questions. That's what we're all here for. Just
keep them coming.