cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Amanda Moran <amanda.kay.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache vs Datastax cassandra
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2020 13:49:47 GMT
Erik is right ... the folks at DataStax would be happy to help you and probably don’t feel
comfortable posting here :)

With that said, I used to work there but I don’t anymore so I feel comfortable sending a
bit of information your way.

Here is a very high level overview slide deck of what DataStax does (to the theme of Friends)
that I presented last year at a DataStax meetup. Might help you shape your conversation with
the folks there.

https://github.com/amandamoran/dataStaxMeetup/blob/master/slides/meetMyFriendDataStax.pdf

Thanks!

Amanda

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 3, 2020, at 5:20 PM, Erick Ramirez <flightctlr@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Adarsh, a very *friendly* note that anyone is more than welcome to ask questions -- in
fact as a group it's encouraged -- but a *gentle reminder* that this mailing list is for open-source
Apache Cassandra. By all means, feel free to respond and not saying at all that it's not allowed
(I'm just another user after all, not affiliated with the ASF) though it might be more appropriate
to post your question on community.datastax.com. Cheers!

>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 8:30 PM Adarsh Kumar <adarsh0007@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> We have a product that uses Postgres/Cassandra as datastore. We user both Apache
and DataStax Cassandra depending on the client's requirements. But never got the chance to
explore what exact difference between these two. Apart from Opscenter, DSEGraph, want to know
more from Cassandra perspective.