cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Reid Pinchback <rpinchb...@tripadvisor.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 3.11.4 Node the load starts to increase after few minutes to 40 on 4 CPU machine
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2019 20:23:49 GMT
Hi Sergio,

Assuming nobody is actually mounting a SYN flood attack, then this sounds like you're either
being hammered with connection requests in very short periods of time, or your TCP backlog
tuning is off.   At least, that's where I'd start looking.  If you take that log message and
google it (Possible SYN flooding... Sending cookies") you'll find explanations.  Or just googling
"TCP backlog tuning".

´╗┐On 10/30/19, 3:29 PM, "Sergio Bilello" <lapostadisergio@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Oct 17 00:23:03 prod-personalization-live-data-cassandra-08 kernel: TCP: request_sock_TCP:
Possible SYN flooding on port 9042. Sending cookies. Check SNMP counters.