cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Reid Pinchback <rpinchb...@tripadvisor.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 3.11.4 Node the load starts to increase after few minutes to 40 on 4 CPU machine
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2019 20:26:53 GMT
Oh nvm, didn't see the later msg about just posting what your fix was.

´╗┐On 10/30/19, 4:24 PM, "Reid Pinchback" <rpinchback@tripadvisor.com> wrote:

     Message from External Sender

    Hi Sergio,

    Assuming nobody is actually mounting a SYN flood attack, then this sounds like you're
either being hammered with connection requests in very short periods of time, or your TCP
backlog tuning is off.   At least, that's where I'd start looking.  If you take that log message
and google it (Possible SYN flooding... Sending cookies") you'll find explanations.  Or just
googling "TCP backlog tuning".

    On 10/30/19, 3:29 PM, "Sergio Bilello" <lapostadisergio@gmail.com> wrote:

        >Oct 17 00:23:03 prod-personalization-live-data-cassandra-08 kernel: TCP: request_sock_TCP:
Possible SYN flooding on port 9042. Sending cookies. Check SNMP counters.