cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cluster rolling restart
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2019 14:54:51 GMT

Personally I encourage you to rolling restart from time to time, use it as an opportunity
to upgrade kernels and JDKs and cassandra itself and just generally make sure things are healthy
and working how you expect

If you see latencies jump or timeouts when you’re bouncing, that’s a warning and you know
you need to address it - doing this in advance gives you a chance to do it while the bounce
is optional and can be paused. If you wait for a switch to fail or AWS AZ to crash, you may
have problems lurking you don’t know about until it’s too late.

- Jeff