cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Paul Chandler <p...@redshots.com>
Subject Re: Ram & Space...
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2019 20:45:21 GMT
We had what sounds like a similar problem with a DSE cluster a little while ago, It was not
being used, and had no tables in it. The memory kept rising until it was killed by the oom-killer.

We spent along time trying to get to the bottom of the problem, but it suddenly stopped when
the developers started using the cluster. Perhaps the same will happen when you start using
yours.

Thanks

Paul

> On 23 Oct 2019, at 18:26, A <httpex@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Thank you. But I have added any tables yet. It’s empty...
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/?.src=iOS>
>
> On Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 1:15 AM, Matthias Pfau <matthias.pfau@tutao.de.INVALID>
wrote:

> Did you check nodetool status and logs? If so, what is reported?
>
> Regarding that more and more memory is used. This might be a problem with your table
design. I would start analyzing nodetool tablestats output. It reports how much memory (especially
off heap) is used by which table.

> Best,
> Matthias
>

> Oct 19, 2019, 18:46 by httpex@yahoo.com.INVALID <mailto:httpex@yahoo.com.INVALID>:
> What are minimum and recommended ram and space requirements to run Cassandra in AWS?
>
> Every like 24 hours Cassandra stops working. Even though the service is active, it’s
dead and non responsive until I restart the service.

> Top shows %MEM slowly creeping upwards. Yesterday it showed 75%.
>
> In the logs it throws that Cassandra is running in degraded mode and that I should consider
adding more space to the free 25G...