cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Max C. <mc_cassan...@core43.com>
Subject Re: Configurations for better performance
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2019 18:40:58 GMT
I haven’t watched it yet, but John Haddad did a talk on performance optimization at the Datastax
accelerate conference (and another talk a year/two before):

10 Easy Ways to Tune Your Cassandra Cluster with John Haddad | DataStax Accelerate 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swL7bCnolkU

- Max

> On Oct 16, 2019, at 12:09 pm, Ramnatthan Alagappan <ramnatthan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I am from a research group that's looking into automatic tuning of configuration parameters
of data-intensive systems. In particular, we are interested in distributed data stores and
so Cassandra is a great candidate. To this end, we would like to know a bit about what configuration
settings people usually run or change to optimize for performance. Is there a specific configuration
in which you set knobs to values other than the defaults for better performance? (e.g., higher
row_cache_size_in_mb for read-heavy workloads etc.)