cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rebuilding a node without clients hitting it
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2019 03:23:25 GMT
No, not strictly sufficient - makes it much less likely though

A client may connect to another node and still send the request to that host if the snitch
picks it. You can make THAT less likely with some snitch trickery (setting the badness for
the rebuilding host) via jmx

> On Aug 5, 2019, at 8:17 PM, Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scetbon@free.fr> wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> Can you confirm that disabling the native transport (nodetool disablebinary) is enough
with Cassandra 3.11+ to avoid clients hitting inconsistent data on that node when they use
LOCAL_ONE  consistency ? (Particularly when the node is rebuilding …)