cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <yanga.zuke...@condorgreen.com>
Subject RE: Cassandra-stress testing
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2019 11:31:38 GMT

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Thanks for feedback.

Just to elaborate more, I am currently writing 600m rows per hour and need to understand if
this is about on target or if there are better ways to write or perhaps structure the keyspaces
and table structures.

And I can use the Cassandra Stress tool to get potential maximum throughput stats. Or use
the schema provided(keyspace/table definitions for a stress test)

Cassandra, being a scale-out database, can load any arbitrary number of records per hour.

The best way to do this is for your given data model, find what your max throughput is on
a single node by scaling the number of clients until you start seeing errors (or hit your
latency SLA) then pull back by 15-20%. From there, it's a matter of linearly scaling clients
and nodes until you hit your desired throughput.

I recommend taking a look at TLP-Stress as it's a bit easier to use and understand:  https://thelastpickle.com/blog/2018/10/31/tlp-stress-intro.html

Best.

Marc Selwan | DataStax | PM, Server Team | (925) 413-7079 | Twitter

  Quick links | DataStax | Training | Documentation | Downloads