cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Miklosovic <stefan.mikloso...@instaclustr.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra copy command
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2019 10:46:09 GMT
Hi Rahul,

what is your motivation behind this? Why do you want to make sure the
count is same? What is the purpose of that? All you should care about
is that Cassandra will return you right results. It was designed from
the very bottom to do that for you, you should not be bothered too
much about such discrepancies, they will be always there in general.
But the important fact is that once queried, you can rest assured it
is returned (and consequentially repaired if data not match) as they
should.

What copy command you are talking about precisely, why you cant use just repair?

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 12:14, Rahul Reddy <rahulreddy1234@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have 3 datacenters . Want to make sure record count is same in all dc's . If I run
copy command node1 in dc1 does it get the data from only dc1? Nodetool cfstats I'm seeing
discrepancies in partitions count is it because we didn't run cleanup after adding few nodes
and remove them?. To rule out any discripencies I want to run copy command from 3 DC's and
compare. Please let me know if copy command extracts data from the DC only I ran it from?