cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Miklosovic <stefan.mikloso...@instaclustr.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra copy command
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2019 11:25:18 GMT
Hi Rahul,

how did you add that dc3 to cluster? The rule of thumb here is to do
rebuild from each node, for example like here
https://docs.datastax.com/en/archived/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/operations/opsAddDCToCluster.html

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 12:57, Rahul Reddy <rahulreddy1234@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi sefan,
>
> I'm adding new DC3 to exiting cluster and see discripencies couple of millions in Nodetool
cfstats in new DC.

> My table size is 50gb
> I'm trying to run copy entire table.
>
> Copy table to 'full_tablr.csv' with delimiter ',';
>
> If I run above command from dc3. Does it get the data only from dc3?
>

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019, 6:46 AM Stefan Miklosovic <stefan.miklosovic@instaclustr.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Rahul,
>>
>> what is your motivation behind this? Why do you want to make sure the
>> count is same? What is the purpose of that? All you should care about
>> is that Cassandra will return you right results. It was designed from
>> the very bottom to do that for you, you should not be bothered too
>> much about such discrepancies, they will be always there in general.
>> But the important fact is that once queried, you can rest assured it
>> is returned (and consequentially repaired if data not match) as they
>> should.
>>
>> What copy command you are talking about precisely, why you cant use just repair?
>>
>> On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 12:14, Rahul Reddy <rahulreddy1234@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have 3 datacenters . Want to make sure record count is same in all dc's .
If I run copy command node1 in dc1 does it get the data from only dc1? Nodetool cfstats I'm
seeing discrepancies in partitions count is it because we didn't run cleanup after adding
few nodes and remove them?. To rule out any discripencies I want to run copy command from
3 DC's and compare. Please let me know if copy command extracts data from the DC only I ran
it from?