cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Miklosovic <stefan.mikloso...@instaclustr.com>
Subject Re: New column
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2019 20:09:58 GMT
You have to basically create new table and include that column either
as part of primary key or you make it a clustering column. Avoid using
allow filtering, it should not be used in production nor any serious
app.

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 at 21:57, Rahul Reddy <rahulreddy1234@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a table and want to add column and select based on existing entire primary key
plus new column using allow filtering. Since my where clause has all the primary key + new
column does the allow filtering scan only the partions which are listed or does it has to
scan whole table? What is the best approach add new column and query it based on existing
primary key plus new column?