cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Miklosovic <stefan.mikloso...@instaclustr.com>
Subject Re: Disk space utilization by from some Cassandra
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2019 13:53:00 GMT
Hi,

for example compaction uses a lot of disk space. It is quite common so
it is not safe to have your disk utilised like on 85% because
compactions would not have room to comapact and that node would be
stuck. This happens in production quite often.

Hence, having it on 50% and having big buffer to do compaction is good
idea. If it is all compacted, it should go back to normal under 50%
(or what figure you have).

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 14:33, <yanga.zukelwa@condorgreen.com> wrote:

> Good day,
>

> I’m running the monitoring script for disk space utilization set the benchmark to 50%.
Currently am getting the alerts from some of the nodes

> About disk space greater than 50%.
>

> Is there a way, I can quickly figure out why the space has increased and how I can maintain
the disk space used by Cassandra to be below the benchmark at all the times.