cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TWCS target number of time windows
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2019 11:46:47 GMT
Wild ass guess based on what worked for my previous employer (for whom I wrote twcs), but note
that if you model it such that partitions are contained to a single window/sstable that number
is probably irrelevant and may be able to be made arbitrarily high

> On Aug 21, 2019, at 4:48 PM, Oleksandr Shulgin <oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In the TWCS readme[1] it says:
>
> You should target fewer than 50 buckets per table based on your TTL.
>
> What is this recommendation based upon?  The docs from Datastax[2], for example do not
mention anything like that.

> Is the recommendation still actual today for the version 3.0.$latest?  What is the computation
complexity behind it: is it N, N*log(N) or N^2, etc.?