cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I cancel a decommissioning procedure??
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2019 17:25:53 GMT
Hello William,

At the moment we keep the node down before figure out a way to cancel that.

Off the top of my head, a restart of the node is the way to go to cancel a
decommission.
I think you did the right thing and your safety measure is also the fix
here :).

Did you try to bring it up again?

If it's really critical, you can probably test that quickly with ccm (
https://github.com/riptano/ccm), tlp-cluster (
https://github.com/thelastpickle/tlp-cluster) or simply with any existing
dev/test environment if you have any available with some data.

Good luck with that, a PEBKAC issue are the worst. You can do a lot of
damage, could always have avoided it and it makes you feel terrible.
It doesn't sound that bad in your case though, I've seen (and done) worse
¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It's hard to fight PEBKACs, we, operators, are unpredictable :).
Nonetheless, and to go back to something more serious, there are ways to
limit the amount and possible scope of those, such as good practices,
testing and automations.

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - alain@thelastpickle.com
France / Spain