cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Paul Chandler <p...@redshots.com>
Subject Re: All time blocked in nodetool tpstats
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2019 11:55:21 GMT
Hi Abdul,

When I have seen dropped messages, I normally double check to ensure the node not CPU bound.

If you have a high CPU idle value, then it is likely that tuning the thread counts will help.

I normally start with concurrent_reads and concurrent_writes, so in your case as reads are
being dropped then increase concurrent_reads, I normally change it to 96 to start with, but
it will depend on size of your nodes.

Otherwise it might be badly designed queries, have you investigated which queries are producing
the client timeouts?

Regards

Paul Chandler