cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Durity, Sean R" <SEAN_R_DUR...@homedepot.com>
Subject RE: [EXTERNAL] Cassandra limitations
Date Fri, 04 May 2018 17:55:32 GMT
The issue is more with the number of tables, not the number of keyspaces. Because each table
has a memTable, there is a practical limit to the number of memtables that a node can hold
in its memory. (And scaling out doesn’t help, because every node still has a memTable for
every table.) The practical table limit I have heard is in the low hundreds – maybe 200
as a rough estimate.

In general, we create a new cluster (instead of a new keyspace) for each application.

Sean Durity
From: Abdul Patel <abd786.ap@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2018 5:56 PM
To: User@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Cassandra limitations

Hi ,

In my environment, we are coming up with 3 to 4 new projects , hence new keyspaces will be
coming into picture.
Do we have any limitations or performance issues when we hit to a number of keyspaces or number
of nodes vs keyspaces?
Also connections limitations if any?

I know as data grows we can add more nodes and memory but nor sure about somethinh else which
need to take into consideration.