cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Hannu Kröger <hkro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does LOCAL_ONE still replicate data?
Date Tue, 08 May 2018 10:26:30 GMT
Writes are always replicated to all nodes (if they are online).

LOCAL_ONE in writes just means that client will get an “OK” for the write only after at
least node in local datacenter has acknowledged that the write is done.

If all local replicas are offline, then the write will fail even if it gets written in your
other DC.

Hannu

> On 8 May 2018, at 13:24, Jakub Lida <jakub.lida@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to add a new DC to an existing cluster (RF=1 per DC).
> Will setting consistency to LOCAL_ONE on all machines make it still replicate write requests
sent to online DCs to all DCs (including the new one being rebuilt) and only isolate read
requests from reaching the new DC? That is basically want I want to accomplish.