Hello Tom,

It's good to hear this kind of feedbacks,

Thanks for sharing.

3.11.x seems to get more love from the community wrt patches. This is why I'd recommend 3.11.x for new projects.

I also agree with this analysis.

Stay away from any of the 2.x series, they're going EOL soonish and the newer versions are very stable.

+1 here as well. Maybe add that 3.11.x, that is described as 'very stable' above, aims at stabilizing Cassandra after the tick-tock releases and is a 'bug fix' series and brings features developed during this period, even though it is needed to be careful with of some the new features, even in latest 3.11.x versions.

I did not work that much with it yet, but I think I would pick 3.11.2 as well for a new cluster at the moment.

C*heers,

-----------------------
Alain Rodriguez - @arodream - alain@thelastpickle.com
France / Spain

http://www.thelastpickle.com

We run on the order of a thousand Cassandra nodes in production. Most of that is 3.0.16, but new clusters are defaulting to 3.11.2 and some older clusters have been upgraded to it as well.

All of the bugs I encountered in 3.11.x were also seen in 3.0.x, but 3.11.x seems to get more love from the community wrt patches. This is why I'd recommend 3.11.x for new projects.

Stay away from any of the 2.x series, they're going EOL soonish and the newer versions are very stable.

Tom van der Woerdt
Site Reliability Engineer

Booking.com B.V.
Vijzelstraat 66-80 Amsterdam 1017HL Netherlands
Booking.com
The world's #1 accommodation site
43 languages, 198+ offices worldwide, 120,000+ global destinations, 1,550,000+ room nights booked every day
No booking fees, best price always guaranteed
Subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG)