cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Charulata Sharma (charshar)" <chars...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: One time major deletion/purge vs periodic deletion
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2018 06:18:30 GMT
Well it’s not like that. We don’t just purge. There are business rules which will decide
the records to be purged or archived and then purged, so cannot rely on TTL.

Thanks,
Charu

From: Jens Rantil <jens.rantil@tink.se>
Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 12:34 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: One time major deletion/purge vs periodic deletion

Sounds like you are using Cassandra as a queue. It's an antibiotic pattern. What I would do
would be to rely on TTL for removal of data and use the TWCS compaction strategy to handle
removal and you just focus on insertion.
On Tue, Mar 6, 2018, 07:39 Charulata Sharma (charshar) <charshar@cisco.com<mailto:charshar@cisco.com>>