I have a Cassandra(v3.7) cluster with 31 nodes, each node¡¯s hard configuration is 4cpu, 64GB memory, 8TB hard disk, and each node has stored about 4TB of data now. When I joined a new node, I found that the process has not been completed for more than a week, while the CPU load of new node and some other nodes continued to be high, and finally had to give up join. Is it a new node to join the process itself is very slow, or our way of use (too much data per node) improper and cause this problem? Is there any good way to speed up the process of adding new nodes?
Thanks,
Kevin