cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jacques-Henri Berthemet <jacques-henri.berthe...@genesys.com>
Subject RE: NoSE: Automated schema design for Cassandra
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 07:55:14 GMT
Hi,

This is interesting, I’d just advise to put full examples and more documentation on how
to use it (the articles are a bit too detailed).
Also, you should not mention “column families” but just tables.

Was this used to generate a schema used for production?
Do you think it’s possible to generate test code to validate the workload?

--
Jacques-Henri Berthemet

From: michael.mior@gmail.com [mailto:michael.mior@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Michael Mior
Sent: mardi 9 mai 2017 17:30
To: user <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: NoSE: Automated schema design for Cassandra

Hi all,

I wanted to share a tool I've been working on that tries to help automate the schema design
process for Cassandra. The short description is that you provide information on the kind of
data you want to store and the queries and updates you want to issue, and NoSE will perform
a cost-based analysis to suggest an optimal schema.

There's lots of room for improvement and many Cassandra features which are not currently supported,
but hopefully some in the community may still find it useful as a starting point.

Link to more details and the source code below:

https://michael.mior.ca/projects/nose/<https://michael.mior.ca/projects/nose/>

If you're interested in trying it out, don't hesitate to reach out and I'm happy to help!

Cheers,
--
Michael Mior
mmior@uwaterloo.ca<mailto:mmior@uwaterloo.ca>