cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Hölbling-Inzko <daniel.hoelbling-in...@bitmovin.com>
Subject Cassandra Snapshots and directories
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 09:37:41 GMT
Hi,
I am going through this guide to do backup/restore of cassandra data to a
new cluster:
http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/operations/ops_backup_snapshot_restore_t.html#task_ds_cmf_11r_gk

When creating a snapshot I get the snapshot files mixed in with the normal
data files and backup files, so it's all over the place and very hard
(especially with lots of tables per keyspace) to transfer ONLY the snapshot.
(Mostly since there is a snapshot directory per table..)

Am I missing something or is there some arcane shell command that filters
out only the snapshots?
Because this way it's much easier to just backup the whole data directory.

greetings Daniel