cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Gopal, Dhruva" <Dhruva.Go...@Aspect.com>
Subject Re: repair question (-dc option)
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 15:05:26 GMT
We’re making sure all the nodes up, when we run it. I don’t believe we are using LOCAL_XXX
and the repair was being planned to be run only on local DC since that was where the node
was down. Do we need to run a full cluster repair?

From: Varun Gupta <varung@uber.com>
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 1:33 PM
To: "Gopal, Dhruva" <Dhruva.Gopal@Aspect.com>
Cc: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: repair question (-dc option)

If there was no node down during that period, and you are using LOCAL_QUORUM read/write, then
yes above command works.

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Gopal, Dhruva <Dhruva.Gopal@aspect.com<mailto:Dhruva.Gopal@aspect.com>>
wrote:
Hi –
  I have a question on running a repair after bringing up a node that was down (brought down
gracefully) for a few days within a data center. Can we just run nodetool repair –dc <DC>
on a single node (within that DC – specifically the downed node, after it is brought online)
and have that entire DC repaired?

Regards,
Dhruva

This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc. and may contain
information that is confidential. If you have received this message in error, please do not
read, copy or forward this message. Please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your
system and destroy any copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its
attachments.